Just About YouJust About You is a new home help service run by Age UK Isle of Wight
What does it do?
You choose what jobs need doing by the Personal Assistant on either a regular or occasional basis.
Common tasks include:
- Domestic cleaning
- Laundry and ironing
- Shopping - escorted or by list
- Prescription collection
- Help with paperwork
- Day and night sitting
- Pet feeding, dog walking
- Local outings
Our Personal Assistants play a vital role in helping older people to retain their independence and remain living in their own homes for as long as they wish to do so.Our Personal Assistants provide high standards of support with skill, sensitivity, kindness, patience and good humour.
All Personal Assistants have been checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB), reference checked and had insurances verified. All Assistants have received appropriate training.
Who it is for?
Just About You is our unique home help service run by Age UK Isle of Wight for anybody over the age of 50 on the Island. All profits from the service are donated back into Age UK Isle of Wight and help to fund our essential free services.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
- The rate for domestic services is £12.95 per hour on weekdays, £13.95 per hour at weekends. The minimum chargeable period is 1 hour, and thereafter time is charged in half hourly blocks.
- Mileage incurred as part of the assignment, i.e. for shopping, is charged at 45p per mile.
- We try to avoid parking charges, but where unavoidable these will be charged at cost.
- The first four weeks are payable in advance by cheque and are non-refundable should you cancel during this period.
- Thereafter people who use the service are invoiced monthly in arrears, with payments to be made via cheque or standing order.
- There is a one off start up fee of £5.00
How to access or apply for it:
What to expect then:
Home support assessment:
We will carry out a friendly home assessment to discuss and agree your support needs. We will then identify an individual Personal Assistant who will visit you at the agreed times to help you.
We will also maintain regular contact with you to check that you are happy with the services being provided.
Any surplus funds made by Just About You are used by Age UK Isle of Wight to support our work helping vulnerable, often isolated older people across the Island.