Personal Care

What does it do?

This is a service provided to assist people to lead as independent a life as possible in their own homes. Assistance is provided with all aspects of intimate personal care and some domestic tasks. Eligibility for assistance is determined by an individual assessment of need.

The Department meets an individuals assessed need either by purchasing services from an approved independent domiciliary care agency or its own Personal Care Service.

Who it is for?

for anyone who is 18 or over and has difficulty due to old age, long-term illness or disability, or who is responsible for caring for someone.

Where it is available?

Local service (St Helens).

What it costs:

The Council is required to make charges/fees for many of its adult social care services, some of which are based on an assessment of an individual's financial circumstances.

Further details of charges/fees are available from the Adult Social Care and Health Department's Customer Finance Section. Contact Customer Finance
Telephone: 01744 676575 / 676297 / 676352

How to access or apply for it:

Referrals for this service should be made to the Contact Centre Advisors (Adult Social Care and Health).

Wesley House
Corporation Street
St Helens
WA10 1HF
tel: 01744 676 600.


Info last updated: