Adaptations and Loan Equipment Service (ALES)
What does it do?
ALES provides equipment & adaptations for North Tyneside residents requiring these due to age, illness or disability. The service is accessed by Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Social Workers, District Nurses, Health Visitors, GPs
on behalf of their clients/patients.
The service includes:-
- Provision of community nursing equipment
- Provision of equipment for daily living
- Provision of equipment for sensory impairment
- Short term wheelchairs
- Maintenance & servicing of equipment and adaptations
- Collection of equipment & decontamination & recycling
- Provision of adaptations for hospital discharge / palliative care
- Full design and implementation of adaptations in all tenures
- Feasibility of adaptations
- Assessment & Demonstration Suite.
Accredited by the Gas Safe and Electrical Contractors Association