Adult Social Care

Care and support for older people in Hartlepool

What does it do?

The Duty team is the first point of contact for social care services in Hartlepool. The team is based in the Civic Centre on Victoria Road.

We can:
  • Provide personal care in your home
  • Give advice on welfare benefits and help people who can not manage their own money
  • Provide equipment, adaptations and advice to help you move around your home safely, prepare meals, and keep clean
  • Give information about support and services available to you 
  • Give you choice and control over the help you need to live healthily and independently
  • Investigate if you think that an adult is being abused

Who it is for?

We work with the health service and voluntary groups to give help and support to:

  • Older people (aged 65 years and over)
  • Adults with learning disabilities
  • Adults with mental health needs Adults with physical disabilities
  • Adults with problems with their hearing or sight
  • Young people or adults who care for relatives or friends

Where it is available?

Local service (Hartlepool).

What it costs:

Please contact the organisation for more details

How to access or apply for it:

You can contact Adult Social Care by letter, telephone, text or email. If English is not your first language we can provide a translation service.

Child and Adult Services
Hartlepool Borough Council
Civic Centre
Victoria Road
TS24 8 AY

Telephone: 01429 523390

What to expect then:

What happens when I contact Adult Social Care?
When you get in touch with us, the Duty social worker or contact officer will be able to give you advice and information.  If you need a full assessment, the Duty Team will pass your contact assessment to the Care Management Team for your area.  Someone from this Care Management Team will arrange for to visit you at home or in hospital.
You can contact the Duty Team by letter, telephone, textphone, or e-mail. If you want to speak to someone in person, come in to Reception at the Civic Centre and ask to see a Duty Social Worker. If English is not your first language, we can
provide a translation service.


Info last updated:

Civic Centre Victoria Road, Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 8AY