I need help with home repairs
What does it do?
The Home Aid scheme is the local Home Improvement Agency for residents of South Somerset . The scheme is one of a network of Home Improvement Agencies established nationwide to keep homes warm, safe and secure', enabling residents to remain living independently in their own homes.
What sort of help can I get?
Working with Social Services and other agencies, the Home Aid team can:
- Help clients decide what work is required;
- Draw up plans and specifications;
- Help select suitable builders;
- Help apply for grants or loans;
- See the building works through from start to finish;
- Fill out forms and generally help with any day-to-day problems that arise.