The Handyperson ServiceA helping hand with home repairs for older people in Derby
What does it do?
Why use the service?
- We only use our own handypeople to carry out the work.
- We charge only for the materials needed to do the job and there are no labour charges.
- We will discuss any costs for materials with you before the job is done.
What types of jobs does the service cover?
We can do small jobs around the home including:
- putting shelves or mirrors up
- repairing a toilet seat
- adjusting overflow
- replacing tap washers
- grab rails
- curtain rails
- unblocking sinks
- fitting extra locks on windows and doors
- smoke alarms.
Who it is for?
You need to be:
- living in Derby
- aged 75 and over
- or aged 60 and over and getting income-related benefits (like Council Tax Benefit) or health-related benefits (like Attendance Allowance).
Where it is available?
Local service (Derby).
What it costs:
We charge only for the materials needed to do the job and there are no labour charges.
How to access or apply for it:
|Post address:||Home Repairs
Adults Health and Housing
Derby City Council
The Council House
Info last updated:
The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby, DE1 2FS