Report abuse (safeguarding vulnerable adults)

What does it do?

Advice and support
If you are a disabled or older person who is being harassed, abused or mistreated, or you know of a person in this situation please do not ignore it or suffer in silence. You can contact us through any of the numbers for advice and assistance. Your concerns will be dealt with in a sensitive and confidential way.  

If you are, or know someone, who is being bullied because of his or her race, religion, sexual orientation, gender or disability, don't be afraid to tell someone.   There is a scheme called 'True Vision' and local authorities, the Police, Bedford Race Equality Council, Housing Associations and voluntary agencies such as Citizen's Advice and Victim Support are all involved. Schools across Bedfordshire are also linked in to the scheme.

Each agency participating in 'True Vision' acts as reporting centre for any person who has either witnessed or been a victim of hate crime to report incidents which can include graffiti, discrimination, verbal abuse and physical violence.

'True Vision'  enables us to determine how many reports of such incidents we have received as a Council and to identify any reports that relate specifically to the services that we provide. Where the customer wishes, these are then investigated, and wherever possible resolved.