Carers Link Hyndburn and Ribble Valley

What does it do?

A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
Carers may even be juggling paid work with their unpaid caring responsibilities at home. The term carer should not be confused with a care worker, or care assistant, who receives payment for looking after someone.
If you are a carer, your local Carers’ Centre may be able to help make things easier for you. Each centre delivers a wide range of local support services to meet the needs of carers in its community. These range from support services catered to the carer, the needs of the person you care for and the services your council may provide.
Carers have different needs and centres can assist you in information regarding health issues, entitlements, mobility, grants for holidays, equipment and support.

Who it is for?

Carers in the Blackpool area.

Where it is available?

Local service (Hyndburn, Ribble Valley).

What it costs:

the service is free of charge.

How to access or apply for it:

Contact us
Tel: 01254 387444
Fax: 01254 385 383


23 King Street Link House
Accrington, Lancashire BB5 1PR


Info last updated:

23 Link House King Street, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 1PR