Disabled people - home adaptations and aids

What does it do?

People with a disability have a right to live somewhere that is safe
and comfortable, where they can live active, independent and fulfilling
lives.We offer a range of services and support to help you to
live independently. An occupational therapist or someone from social
care services can visit your home to discuss your needs. The occupational therapist can also give you information about grants which may be available to you if you live in private property. They can also discuss your needs with the district or borough council if you live in a council property.Following an assessment of your needs, the local home improvement agency can help
you to obtain the papers you require to apply for a grant.

Who it is for?

If you have a disability, including a learning disability and have
difficulties managing in your home, it may be possible to reduce these
problems by altering or adapting your home.

Where it is available?

Local service (Hambleton, Harrogate, Craven, Richmondshire, Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby).

What it costs:

Please contact the organisation for more details.

How to access or apply for it:

Customer services centre (social care enquiries)
Full contact details for the customer services centre, including how to call in personally, can be found below.

Tel: 0845 034 9410

Fax: 01609 532009


Info last updated: