Adult Social Care

care and support for older people in North Yorkshire

What does it do?

If you need social care support and want to remain in your own home, there are many different options available, depending on your individual needs:

* Community and day centres
* Care at home
* Occupational therapy
* Telecare services
* Advocacy
* Community alarm services
* Short-term assessment and reablement

Who it is for?

This service is for older people, working age adults with a physical disability or learning disability

Where it is available?

Local service (Hambleton, Harrogate, Craven, Richmondshire, Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby).

What it costs:

You will have to pay for some social care services you receive but others may be free or at a reduced cost, depending on your financial circumstances.

How to access or apply for it:

Customer services centre (social care enquiries)


Tel: 01609 780780

Address: North Yorkshire County Council
County Hall
North Yorkshire


Info last updated: