Meals at Home
What does it do?
It is a meal delivery service
How does it work?
- A driver delivers frozen meals to your door
- When the driver delivers your meal order you complete a form to select your next meal order to be delivered
- Each meal has three courses and there is a large menu choice of soups, main courses and hot or cold desserts available
- Special health, vegetarian and ethnic minority diets can also be catered for
Who it is for?
for older people in Glasgow
What it costs:
The cost of the service will be included in your Home Care charge. See http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B09F751F-D508-4A25-9E22-D88A1E7B6A59/0/AGuidetoHomeCareChargesLeaflet2010.pdf
How to access or apply for it:
How do I get this service?
- If you need help and support at home contact your local social work office to request an assessment of your needs
- A member of staff from Social Work Services will visit you to carry out an assessment of your needs
- They will also check if you are able to reheat the meals yourself
- If you have difficulty with re-heating the meals, assistance will be provided
- Before the service starts a survey of your kitchen will be completed, and a free on-loan freezer and microwave will be provided if required
Find your local social work office at http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Care_Support/GettingaService/AccessingServices/
Info last updated:
Customer Care Team, Glasgow City Council, City Chambers, Glasgow, G2 1DU