Home care services

What does it do?

Having carers come into your own home is often referred to as ‘domiciliary’ or ‘home care’.

The range of care available is varied and each person should be involved in their own care plan.

Following assessment of your eligible needs, any domiciliary care can be funded in part or fully by the council. You can of course make alternative arrangements with a private contractor and pay for this yourself. If you are in receipt of Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, you may choose to use this towards your care support.

In Northamptonshire we are committed to helping people remain in their own homes wherever possible.

What care and support is available?

Support to live at home can include:




Managing finances

You may wish to receive care and support because you are frail, have severe learning disabilities, mental health needs or a physical disability.