Luncheon clubs - Central Wirral

What does it do?

The Council has supported a number of luncheon clubs for older people for many years; as well as providing a welcome meal, they help reduce the social exclusion that many elderly people experience.

Luncheon clubs are organised by voluntary groups and provide an opportunity for people to meet, share a meal and socialise.

Many clubs offer activities and support in addition to the provision of a hot meal.

There are luncheon clubs in many parts of Wirral, most of which are operated completely independently of the Council. They can be approached directly without the need to go through social services.

There is no central or comprehensive list of clubs at the moment, although below, we have included a table of luncheon clubs that the Council is aware of, (though you will need to contact the clubs concerned before attending as information can change).

Autumn Club, Leasowe Community Centre, Twickenham Drive, Leasowe
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
contact Tina Amis on 691 1595
transport £1.50

Moreton Community Centre, Maryland Lane, Moreton
phone 604 0403

Harvest Court, Berrylands Road, Moreton (Age Concern)
Monday- Friday Lunch
Tuesday & Thursday Day Care 9.00-3.30
contact Shelly Ranson on 653 4404, Devonshire Resource Centre

Eastway Community Centre, Knutsford Road, Moreton
Tuesday & Friday 11- 2pm
contact Eileen Jones on 678 4016
no transport

Greasby Methodist Church, Greasby Road, Greasby (Age Concern)
contact Shelly Ranson on 653 4404, Devonshire Resource Centre

Sandbrook Community Association, c/o 14, Sunningdale, Chapelhill Road, Moreton
phone 605-1956

Woodchurch Community Centre, (behind Leisure Centre), Cambridge Road, Woodchurch
Thursday 12 - 3.30 Optional Bingo after lunch.
contact June Hudson or Lillian England on 678 0297

Who it is for?

for older people

Where it is available?

Local service (Wirral).

How to access or apply for it:

You can contact the Central Advice and Duty Team for further information on (0151) 606 2006. Organisations such as Age Concern (653-4404), WRVS (0771 489 8599) and VCAW (203-2111) may also be able to help.


Info last updated:

Westminster House, Hamilton Street, Birkenhead, CH41 5FN