What does it do?
Principal services include:
- Day care
- Internet cafe
- Board games
- Luncheon club
- Meals on wheels
- Community outreach
- Arts & crafts
- Health education promotion
- information service
The ACCG provides an advocacy service to users and their carers who are members of the African Caribbean Care Group, by empowering them to express their views, wishes and choices. The Advocacy Worker will ensure that clients are able to remain as involved as possible in all decisions which affect their lives.
- Facilitating the development of an advocacy service for older black people who are members of the African Caribbean Care Group or those who are referred to the service.
- Consulting with users and carers to identify needs and designing strategies to meet those needs.
- Undertaking as appropriate advocacy on behalf of users who are unable to self advocate.
- Facilitating empowerment group activity
- Developing advocacy awareness through educational activity and publicity.
- Empowering users and carers through education and training activities.
- Establishing regular surgeries where users can consult over their needs.