What does it do?
Volunteer Centre West Berkshire's two Handybuses are 10/11 seater minibuses modified to provide easy access, including low steps and passenger lifts to enable wheelchair bound passengers to be carried. They provide regular transport for elderly and disabled people on shopping trips and visits to clubs, mostly in and around Newbury and Thatcham, as well as one-off trips and excursions where regular commitments permit.
Who it is for?
Residents of Newbury and Thatcham who are elderly or disabled.
Where it is available?
Local service (West Berkshire).
What it costs:
The cost depends on the distance travelled. A typical shopping trip costs around £2 - £3
How to access or apply for it:
Call your nearest operator:
- Basildon / Beenham / Bradfield / Pangbourne / Purley / Streatley / Theale - Tel: 0118 930 4837
- Burghfield / Mortimer - Tel: 0118 983 6611
- Chieveley / Compton / Downlands - Tel: 01635 202519
- Hungerford - Tel: 01488 683727
- Newbury - Tel: 01635 37111
- Thatcham - Tel: 01635 874666
Info last updated:
1 Bolton Place, Northbrook Street, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1AJ