HandyVan and Gardening serviceHandyVan and Gardening service
What does it do?
Handymen can do
The type of repairs that the handyman scheme covers include DIY jobs and maintenance that you usually carried out in the past, but no longer feel safe to do so.
We also work with a Gas Safe registered plumber and a qualified electrician so we can carry out small plumbing, gas and electric repairs you may need.
- Fitting of door bells, smoke detectors, spy holes, door chains
- TV and video programming
- Extra phone sockets, tap washers, door locks, etc.
- Changing of light bulbs or batteries
- Fixing of low-level items such as gates, fences, shelves and so on
- Securing loose floor coverings
- Putting up or taking down shelving
- Unblocking sinks
- Power washing paths or drives
- Fitting of grab rails and keysafes
- Fitting draught excluders and carpet grippers
- Moving furniture around the home
- Carpet grippers
- Replacing taps, leaking taps, outside taps
- Fitting a gas fire
- Installing a new gas cooker (with existing pipes)
- Changing and fitting light fittings
- Set up DVD and televisions
Who it is for?
For many older people, regular property maintenance and simple adaptations are all that is needed to create a safe, comfortable home.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
Our internal service charge is £30.00 per one hour of work completed and a minimum charge of £20.00
External contractors (plumber / gas engineer / joiner / roofer) charge a minimum of £30.00 per hour
Electrician services are charged at £35 per hour
Gardening services are charged at £20.00 per hour
How to access or apply for it:
Phone: 0161 622 9277
What to expect then:
All our handymen are experienced and trained to complete our range of tasks. All staff, including the Assessor, are CRB checked. We ensure that you are happy with the work completed before requesting payment and ask all of our clients to complete a Quality Questionnaire.