Ham Intensive Day Centre
What does it do?
Ham Intensive Day Care Centre is managed by Adult Social Care with support from NHS Richmond.
Ham Intensive Day Care Centre offers therapy, a chance to socialise and more support with personal or practical care than an ordinary Day Centre can, such as helping you go to the toilet and reminding you to take your medication.
It’s a light, homely, ground floor building with a large garden, providing a secure and supportive environment focused on sensory stimulation, comfort, safety and occupation.
One-to-one supervision is available with entertainment and activities that are tailored to individual and group user needs.
Morning or afternoon attendance is available at half the full day price.
- Group exercises, gardening and dancing
- Snooker, bowling and bingo
- Crosswords, cards and quizzes
- Discussion groups covering topics from current affairs to health issues and reminiscence to encourage social interaction
- Art and music, including therapy
- Internet access for reminiscence
- Seasonal activities
- Enjoying the garden.
Facilities and services include:
- Person-centred planning with individual care plans, regular reviews and an allocated key worker
- Professional, committed and caring staff
- A safe, clean and friendly environment
- A shower facility, hairdressing and chiropody
- A two course home made lunch with a choice of menu, and teas, coffees and light snacks throughout the day. Dietary needs are catered for.
- Wheelchair accessible and an individual one-to-one loop system
- Washing and drying facilities and spare clothing should there be an unexpected need to change during the day
- Door-to-door transport in a wheelchair accessible bus, with a trained driver and trained escort
- Health, welfare and benefits literature and information
- A Carers’ Group that meets twice a month
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
We’ll help you to fill out a financial assessment form to see if you qualify for help. To get a rough idea of costs and how much you’ll pay, (Link to QH page, How much will I pay?) you can carry out a quick, confidential, financial self assessment online.
If we can make a contribution, we call this a Personal Budget. You can lookafter the money yourself and use it to arrange your own support, or you can ask the Council to hold the money and help you to find the support you need.
If you don't qualify for financial help from us and we’ve assessed your needs as eligible, you’re still welcome to use Ham Intensive Day Care Centre but you’ll have to pay the full cost of the service.
You could also arrange to employ someone directly, a Personal Assistant, to support you. RUILS, a local organisation, can help you to find someone. The Skills for Care toolkit provides useful information on employing your own personal assistant. You could also contact a private home care agency. Remember to take care to choose an agency that’s registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Call 03000 616161 or email email@example.com. We maintain a list of home care agencies in the borough.
How to access or apply for it:
Address: Ham Intensive Day Care Centre, Woodville Road, Ham, TW10 7QW
Phone: 020 8948 0911
Opening times: Ham Intensive Day Care Centre is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.