Equipment and adapations
What does it do?
If you are finding it difficult to manage in your home with daily living activities, an occupational therapist can help by giving advice and suggesting equipment to improve your independence.
What help will I get?
The therapist will look at all aspects of your daily life including:
- getting in and out of bed
- preparing food and drink
- washing and bathing
- getting on and off chairs
- climbing steps or stairs
- getting in and out of your property
They will be able to help overcome difficulties by:
- advising you on ways an everyday task can be done differently to make things easier
- lending you specialist equipment such as toilet seats and mattress elevators
- recommending minor and major adaptations such as hand rails and stair lift in your home
- referring you to other services that can help