Stepney Jewish Day Centre
What does it do?
Our Stepney Jewish Day Centre has been at the heart of east London's Jewish community for many years and offers a warm, relaxed and caring environment where you can meet old friends and make new ones.
Everyone is welcome, regardless of their level of religious observance, and we offer a therapeutic programme of activities for anyone who needs special care, is suffering from a bereavement or isolation.
We offer a wide range of activities including:
- kosher shop
- relaxing garden for members use
- hairdressing, optician, audiologist
- arts and crafts activities
- keep fit classes and relaxation
- chair-based yoga
- film afternoons
- baking and manicures on a Friday afternoon
- poetry and discussion groups
- card games and regular organised outings
- entertainment is provided regularly on Tuesdays and Thursdays and on certain festivals
- birthday celebrations
sponsored by Canary Wharf Plc, Clifford Chance and Ladies Guilds Committee
Stepney has its own magazine ‘The Beaumont News’ to keep members of the community up to date with what’s going on at the centre.
We also have a friends of Stepney fundraising committee.
Transport to and from the centre can be arranged, but is limited and will be offered to those who meet the criteria.
Open from Monday to Thursday 9.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 9.30am - 1.30pm.
Members are served a hot three-course kosher lunch every day and special diets can be catered for.
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
For more information, please call the centre on 020 7790 6441