What does it do?
Our day centres have:
- fully trained staff
- knowledge and understanding in managing physical and learning disability
- opportunities to take part in a wide range of activities
- facilities that enable a range of personal care to be offered i.e. hairdressing, bathing, etc.
- the opportunity for carers to have a break
- a place to maintain your skills
- a safe, protective environment where you can be supported in regaining confidence
Please note also:
- There are eligibility criteria and an assessment will be required to use this service.
- Transport may be provided to get you to the day centres.
- You may have to pay towards the cost of attending the day centres, but this will depend on your financial circumstances.
- There is also a small charge for meals.
- We have five day centres for older people:
- Beehive Day Centre, Silso
- Leighton Buzzard Day Centre
- Biggleswade Day Centre
- Houghton Regis Day Centre
- Dunstable, Priory View day opportunities
Please see our website page for more detailed information on each day centre: https://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/info/19/adults_and_older_people/302/day_services_for_older_people
Please contact our customer service centre on 0300 300 8303 for further information.