Carers Emergency Response Service
What does it do?
The scheme gives you peace of mind that, should something happen to you or you have an emergency, the person you care for will still receive help and support in your absence. If something should happen that means you are unable to provide regular support to your loved one/friend, then Housing 21 will organise support detailed in your individual emergency plan on your behalf. Alternatively, we will directly provide support to the individual until alternative arrangements can be made. This can be for up to 48 hours (72 hours over a bank holiday weekend). You or someone on your behalf will just call the number on the card, and we will arrange everything for you.
The benefits of the service are that:
- Carers feel more supported
- Carers are less anxious about going out
- Carers have peace of mind that their situation is understood
- You can contact us 24 hours a day
- It has been developed at the request of carers; it is consumer led
- It is a quality, cost effective partnership initiative working with many organisations across Leicestershire
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
Telephone: 0116 255 5122
Fax: 0116 255 2808