Adult Placements

What does it do?

The Adult Placement Scheme is similar to fostering, but is for adults rather than children and is an alternative to residential care for those people who want to live or stay in a homely environment, but cannot manage on their own. An adult placement can be somewhere to live (in a permanent home), somewhere to stay for a short break (this could be an overnight stay or longer), somewhere to go for day time support or used as preparation for independent living.

Who it is for?

If you are an elderly person looking to live as part of a family or household we can help you to find a new home or a place to stay for a short break. The scheme also caters for people who:

  • are aged 18 and over and are vulnerable
  • have a learning disability
  • have a physical disability
  • have a sensory disability
  • have a mental health problem

Where it is available?

Local service (Gravesham, Maidstone, Swale, Thanet, Tonbridge & Malling, Tunbridge Wells, Ashford, Canterbury, Dartford, Dover, Sevenoaks, Shepway).

What it costs:

Domiciliary care can help people with personal care and some of the practical household tasks that help them to stay at home and be as independent as possible.

How to access or apply for it:

There are several ways you can contact us:
Visit: Gateway
Call: Kent County Council's Contact Centre on 08458 247 100 anytime of day
Fax: 01233 652261


Info last updated: