Day support for adults with social care needs
What does it do?
Receiving day care services can help you to become more independent and allow you to stay in your own home and within the community you know by having the opportunity to get out of the house and meet other people. The day care services can be provided by one of our contracted providers once an assessment has been completed.
We have various types of day care service each offering something different, depending on your needs and wishes. Some of the activities,
depending on the centre, include:
- a chance to meet and chat with others
- a hot mid day meal (special diets can be catered for)
- personal care while you are at the centre, if necessary
- gentle exercise
- arts and crafts or other leisure activities
- advice on things like claiming benefits
- outings and special events
You can take part in as many or as few activities as you like. We have day centres specifically for you or the person you care for. Staff
are trained to be sensitive to the needs of all people. We may be able to arrange transport from your home to the centre if you would not otherwise be able to attend. We will also take into account your religious and cultural needs.