Someone To Help You

What does it do?

After the assessment we will identify and agree your needs with you and discuss the help and support available to meet them, according to the seriousness of your situation. Once your practical needs have been assessed by one of our Social Workers we can put together a care package that will give you practical help. This could include a care worker calling to help you get in and out of bed, move around from room to room including helping you to use the toilet if needed.

Who it is for?

People over the age of 18, who live in the Wigan borough and who need practical help due to sight or hearing loss, mental health needs, physical or learning disabilities, frailty or illness. Help is also available to people recovering from a hospital stay and needing temporary help to maintain their independence and quality of life. However, in order to work out just how much help is needed to make life easier for you, we do need to carry out an assessment. 

Where it is available?

Local service (Wigan).

What it costs:

There may be some cost but the actual amount you pay will depend on what services you receive.

How to access or apply for it:

The Department of Adult Services Central Duty Team is the first point of contact for all adult referrals and general enquiries. You can contact them from 8.45 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday  and 8.45 am to 1 pm on Saturdays on 01942 828777.

Additional information:

When you contact us we'll discuss your situation over the phone, check that we've got all our facts straight and then follow this up with a visit to your home to talk about your personal and practical needs and to discuss what help is available.


Info last updated:

Ince Town Hall Annexe, Ince Green Lane, Ince, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN3 4QX