Centre for the Visually Impaired
What does it do?
The centre provides the following services:
- Photocopiers which can copy and enlarge written material are available in all the main Tameside Libraries.
- Varied selections of large print books are available for loan throughout all Tameside Libraries, but the largest collection is held at Dukinfield.
- For visually impaired children, there are collections of audio books on cassette in all the main libraries in Tameside. Some libraries also have a small selection of large print children's books. Please check your local library.
- A wide range of information is available about visual impairment issues, services and agencies via all Tameside libraries. Information is widely available on the internet This information can be made available in large print or on audio cassette.
- A quality collection of audio books ("talking books") on cassette and CD are available for loan at all libraries in Tameside, but the largest collection is held at Dukinfield. Customers who are visually impaired or print disabled do not pay loan charges for these materials at any Tameside Library. Magazines and official information on cassette are available at Dukinfield library.
Who it is for?
The service is provided for anyone who has a visual impairment. Anyone who is not able to easily read a standard size print is welcome to use the service.
Where it is available?
Local service (Tameside).
How to access or apply for it:
For further information contact:
0161 330 3257
0161 330 3257
Info last updated:
Dunkinfield Library, Concord Way, Dukinfield, Tameside, Greater Manchester, SK16 4DB