Equipment to help you

What does it do?

If you have problems bathing, washing or dressing, there is a range of specially designed equipment to help make looking after yourself simpler and help you to stay living independently in your own home.
This could be a bath board and grab handles around the bath area to help you get in and out of the bath safely. Or you may need a raised toilet seat to help you get on and off the toilet safely. Or to help you get in and out of bed safely, a bed leaver may be useful.

Who it is for?

Items of minor equipment are available for people over the age of 18, who live in Stockport and who need practical help due to sight or hearing loss, physical or learning disabilities, frailty or illness. These can sometimes be all that is needed to help you to maintain your independence and quality of life.

Where it is available?

Local service (Stockport).

What it costs:

We do not charge for the assessment or for any information or advice we give you. Also, if following our assessment we agree that you need equipment to make your day to day living easier, then we will pay the full cost of that equipment. However, if you decide you would like something with additional features or in a different colour, and this is more expensive, you will be asked to pay the difference in price. 

How to access or apply for it:

The Adult Social Care Team is the first point of contact for all referrals and general enquiries. You can contact them from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday on 0161 217 6029.

What to expect then:

When you contact us we'll discuss your situation over the phone to talk about your needs and discuss what equipment is available to help you.


Info last updated:

Town Hall, Edward Street, Stockport, Greater Manchester, SK1 3XE