Help With Day to Day Living

What does it do?

Help with day to day living is available for people with learning or physical disabilities, or with sight or hearing loss, who need extra support to live independently at home.
This housing related support helps with day to day living, issues like setting up and maintaining a home, managing money and paying bills, dealing with paperwork, claiming benefits and developing domestic and life skills such as shopping or cooking.

Who it is for?

Help with day to day living is available for people over the age of 18 with a learning or physical disability. 

Where it is available?

Local service (Rochdale).

What it costs:

There will be some cost but the actual amount you pay will depend on what services you receive. A limited number of services are available free of charge through grants from the government to support independent living. We will help you fill out a financial assessment form to see if you qualify for financial help.  

How to access or apply for it:

The Adult Social Care Team is the first point of contact for all referrals and general enquiries. When you contact us we'll discuss your situation over the phone, check that we've got all our facts straight and then follow this up with a visit to your home to talk about your personal and practical needs and to discuss what help is available.
Telephone 0845 602 4991 Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.45pm


Info last updated:

Municipal Offices, Smith Street, Rochdale, Greater Manchester, OL16 1XU