Someone to help you

What does it do?

If you are having problems bathing, washing or dressing yourself, even with help from equipment, you may need help from a care worker. 
Once your support needs have been assessed you can decide what kind of pratical help to receive.  This could include daily domiciliary care to help you get washed and dressed in the morning and in the evening too if necessary.

Who it is for?

People over the age of 18, who live in the borough and who need practical help due to sight or hearing loss, physical or learning disabilities, frailty or illness. Help is also available to people recovering from a hospital stay and needing temporary help to maintain their independence and quality of life. However, in order to work out just how much help is needed to make life easier for you, we do need to carry out an assessment. 

Where it is available?

Local service (Rochdale).

What it costs:

We will help you fill out a financial assessment form to see if you qualify for financial help.  

How to access or apply for it:

The Adult Social Care Team is the first point of contact for all referrals and general enquiries. When you contact us we'll discuss your situation over the phone, check that we've got all our facts straight and then follow this up with a visit to your home to talk about your personal and practical needs and to discuss what help is available.
Telephone 0845 602 4991 Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.45pm


Info last updated:

Municipal Offices, Smith Street, Rochdale, Greater Manchester, OL16 1XU