Someone to help you

What does it do?

If you are having problems bathing, washing or dressing yourself, even with help from equipment, you may need help from a care worker. 
Once your practical needs have been assessed by one of our Social Workers we can put together a care package that will give you practical help. This could include a care worker to call daily to help you get washed and dressed in the morning and a further call in the evening to help you get ready for bed.

Who it is for?

People over the age of 18 who live in Bury and who need help due to physical or learning disabilities, sight or hearing loss, frailty or illness. Support is also available for older people with mental health issues.

Where it is available?

Local service (Bury).

What it costs:

There will be some cost but the actual amount you pay will depend on how often you use day care.

How to access or apply for it:

If you require any further information on these services or would like to make a referral please contact Adult Care Services at:
Bury Council (Adult Care Services)
Address: Whittaker Street, Radcliffe M26 9TD
Phone: 0161 253 5151

Additional information:

When you contact us we'll discuss your situation over the phone, check that we've got all our facts straight and then follow this up with a visit to your home to talk about your personal and practical needs and to discuss what help is available.


Info last updated:

Town Hall, Knowsley Street, Bury, Greater Manchester, BL9 0SW