Salford Disability Service

What does it do?

As well as giving you information and advice about buying every-day living equipment, we can find out about how your are managing now and what you are finding very difficult. This is called an assessment. After the assessment, if you are eligible, we may:

  • advise you and give you training on living independently. This means finding new ways to do your daily living tasks such as shopping, washing, dressing and cooking. It also means finding ways to let you carry on with other things in your life - work, social life, keeping fit, hobbies etc.
  • offer you equipment to help with daily living tasks such as tap turners, shower seats and automatic curtain closers
  • offer you telecare equipment which send automatic alerts if you get into difficulties
  • offer you mobility aids such as wheelchairs
  • adapt your home (building work) so that you can use it properly such as stair lifts, shower rooms, widening doorways
  • suggest seeing a social worker who will be able to talk with you about other support

Who it is for?

The service is for residents of Salford.

Where it is available?

Local service (Salford).

How to access or apply for it:

For further information call 0161 607 1499 .


Info last updated:

Burrows House, 10 Priestly Road, Wardley Industrial Estate, Swinton, Greater Manchester, M28 2LY