Home Improvements Assistance Scheme

What does it do?

We can give you expert advice, or help arrange an affordable loan to carry out essential repairs, improve your home, or put in new facilities, especially if you are over 60. It's called the 'Home Improve Assistance' scheme . . .

Who it is for?

We give priority to homeowners where there is an urgent health and safety risk. First priority goes to elderly people on benefits; and then to elderly people not on benefits, and then to non-elderly people on benefits. You can apply if you live in the area covered by Manchester City Council and you must own your home and have lived there for at least five years.

Where it is available?

Local service (Manchester).

How to access or apply for it:

Phone us on 0161 245 7850 for friendly advice.
Or write to:
Private Sector Housing
PO Box 532
M60 2LA


Info last updated: