Benefit Money and Advice Centre

What does it do?

The Money Advice Team is a home visiting service who aim to help people who are experiencing financial difficulties. They can help to ensure that customers are receiving all the benefits they may be entitled to. They may do this through signposting customers to appropriate services such as Housing Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, and Child Benefit to name a few.

The Money Advice Service also aim to help customers with their priority debts such as Council Tax, Rent Arrears and Housing Benefit Overpayments in making more affordable repayments on the recovery of these debts.

The Pensioner Help Team primarily do assessments for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit, but we also look at various other State Benefits such as Carer's Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Pension Credit and Disability Living Allowance.

During a visit the Pensioner Help Team will be able to look at your weekly income and your savings, capital and investments to assess whether you may qualify for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit. In order to qualify you must have less than £16,000 in savings.

Who it is for?

The Pensioner Help Team provides a visiting service for all those over 60, whether they are working or not. Council Tax Benefit cannot be awarded to residents under 18. This is because residents under the age of 18 are not liable to pay council tax.

Where it is available?

Local service (East Riding of Yorkshire).

What it costs:

This service currently carries no charge.

How to access or apply for it:

Please contact the benefit and money advice service Monday to Thursday 8.30 to 5.30 and Friday 8.30 to 4.30.

Benefit & Money Advice Service
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Room EG4
County Hall
HU17 9BA
Tel: (01482) 394 633.


Info last updated:

County Hall, Cross Street, Beverly, North Humberside, Yorkshire, HU17 9BA