The Reablement Service
What does it do?
The Reablement Service provides personal social care, help with activities of daily living and other practical tasks for a limited time. They do this in such a way as to enable you to develop and regain both confidence and practical skills to carry out these activities independently.
Reablement can help with a range of tasks including:
- Personal care tasks such as washing, dressing and toileting.
- Domestic skills such as food and drink preparation, shopping, organising and planning daily routines, using transport and laundry.
- Encouraging the necessary confidence to manoeuvre. This would include getting up and out of a chair, getting in and out of bed and getting on and off the toilet.
Who it is for?
The service provides intensive reablement for people who are eligible for home care services before a long-term home care service is provided.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
Tel: 0845 850 5010
Fax: 0191 383 5752
Minicom: 0142 988 4124
- You have been assessed as being eligible for a home care service.
- You are an older person or an individual over 18 who has a physical or learning disability.
- You may benefit from assistance with the development of skills for more independent living.
- You accept that reablement is a specialist home care service which is chargeable.
- You accept that the Reablement Service is a stepping stone of intensive reablement which is provided up to a maximum of six weeks (but can be considerably less) and that long-term home care needs will be provided by an alternative independent sector provider after the period of reablement if ongoing needs are identified.