Welfare Rights

What does it do?

The Welfare Rights service can help with questions and problems on a wide range of social security benefits and tax credits.
We can help you by:

  • giving you information on what benefits you might be entitled to and how to claim them
  • checking that you are getting the right amount of benefit
  • advising you on what will happen if your circumstances change
  • giving you advice on how to appeal against a decision on your claim

Who it is for?

If you are currently receiving a social care service we can also take your case on and represent you, for example at an appeal tribunal.

Where it is available?

Local service (Easington, Teesdale, Wear Valley, Chester-le-Street, Derwentside, Sedgefield).

How to access or apply for it:

For further information contact the Welfare Rights team on:
Adults, Wellbeing and Health
Durham County Council
The Rivergreen Centre
Aykley Heads
County Durham

email: welfare.rights@durham.gov.uk
Telephone 03000 268 968


Info last updated: