Break Services For Carers

What does it do?

These services may include sitting services, day services, home care, residential care and shared lives. Services should aim to be flexible and to meet an individual’s needs. These services are usually provided to the person you care for, which in turn gives you as the carer, a break from your caring role.

Who it is for?

There are a variety of services available through the council that are aimed at providing carers with a break from their caring roles, where there is an assessed need.

Where it is available?

Local service (Easington, Teesdale, Wear Valley, Chester-le-Street, Derwentside, Sedgefield).

What it costs:

Adults needing care may have to contribute towards the cost of some of these services. However, it is worth noting that carers themselves are not normally financially assessed, as it is the cared for person who usually receives the service.

How to access or apply for it:

For further information call Social Care Direct on:
Tel: 0845 850 5010
Fax: 0191 383 5752


Info last updated: