Devon Sensory Team
What does it do?
We give information and advice:
- by answering public enquiries face-to-face
- by telephone, including textphone
- by fax, e-mail and letters
- by visits to Resource Centres and the Mobile Resource Unit
- at cultural centres, such as Deaf Clubs
- in social groups, such as clubs for visually impaired people
- by use of this web site
- by producing publications in formats such as Braille, large print, on tape or on computer disk.
We will check what kind of help you need, examples include whether you need:
- any specific equipment, such as a telephone with amplifier and/or large buttons, to help resolve daily living problems
- help with communication, or to get around (such as mobility and orientation training).
Who it is for?
We are a specialist team providing services to people who are:
- visually impaired, or
- Deaf, or
- have an acquired hearing loss. or
- are deafblind - (sometimes known as a dual sensory impairment - people who have a significant combination of hearing and sight loss).
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
We take referrals direct from:
- the public, including from carers, relatives, friends and neighbours
- other professionals, such as health, education, environmental health and other social services staff
- voluntary agencies
Contact us Via Care Direct on:
Telephone: 0845 155 1007
SMS Text: 0777 3333 231
Fax: 0845 155 1003
Textphone: 0845 155 1020