Home Care Services
What does it do?
Home care is provided to people in their own homes. Its purpose - as part of community care - is to help people remain living at home as an alternative to moving into some form of residential or nursing home.
Home care can include:
- Personal care such as help with:
- getting in and out of bed;
- use of the toilet;
- getting washed and dressed/undressed; and
- eating meals.
Support at home providing practical help rather than personal care and can include:
- collecting pensions and shopping;
- preparing meals;
- day or night sitting (only in exceptional circumstances);
- lighting fires; and
- essential household hygiene.