Holiday Grants

What does it do?

We pay holiday grants to disabled people to help them pay for the additional costs of their holiday which result from their disability. For example, people may need to be accompanied by a carer. The maximum grant payable is around £90. 

Who it is for?

Holiday grants are for people with a permanent and substantial disability who:

  • are taking an individual holiday (as opposed to a group holiday); 
  • incur additional cost because of their disability; and 
  • are not in receipt of state benefits specifically intended to assist with the extra costs associated with disability and cannot access other sources of financial help such as charities. 

Where it is available?

Local service (Eden, South Lakeland, Allerdale, Barrow-in-Furness, Carlisle, Copeland).

How to access or apply for it:

To apply for a holiday grant, you must contact Customer Services at your local Cumbria County Council Adult Social Care office and ask for an assessment of need.

Info last updated:

Cumbria County Council Headquarters, The Courts, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 8NA