Respite Care For Adults

What does it do?

Respite Care for the person you look after may give you the opportunity to do just that.  It may be possible for them to stay in a residential or nursing home for a short period of time, giving you time at home or perhaps enabling you to take a holiday away.
You may also like regular short breaks for a few hours to pursue a hobby or take time for yourself, or perhaps you would just like a good night's sleep. There are a range of services that can provide trained people to look after the person you care for just such purposes, during the day or night.

Who it is for?

The service is for anyone who is caring for someone at home and is in need of a break.

Where it is available?

Local service (Kerrier, Caradon, Carrick, North Cornwall, Penwith, Restormel).

How to access or apply for it:

Please ask for a Carers Assessment - you are entitled to one by law.  An assessment is the gateway to a whole range of support services. Please contact the Adult Care and Support on 0300 1234 131. 

What to expect then:

A member of staff will contact you to carry out your assessment.


Info last updated:

County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3AY