Home from HospitalHome from Hospital Service
What does it do?
How our volunteers can help
- Visit older people at home for between 4 to 6 weeks
- Accompany them to a hospital or doctors’ appointment
- Collect prescriptions and shopping
- Prepare light snacks
- Provide information and help to obtain other services or equipment needed
- Make introductions to clubs and other organisations
Who it is for?
Are you concerned about
How you will cope at home when leaving hospital?
How a friend or relative will cope at home when leaving hospital?
- Anyone over 55 years of age
- Lives in Hastings & St. Leonards, Rother & Bexhill, Lewes & Wealden
- About to leave hospital or recently discharged
- Living alone, with a carer, or with someone who is physically unable to help.
Where it is available?
Local service (Hastings, Lewes, Wealden, Rother).
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
This free service is tailored to meet individual needs and aims to increase the confidence and independence of older people after they have been in hospital. You can make a referral yourself or alternatively you can ask a ward nurse, social worker, GP, friend or relative to make the referral on your behalf.
Info last updated: