Breaks For Carers

What does it do?

There are several types and ways in which help is available:

  • Extra Home care
  • Crossroads care
  • Attendance at a day centre
  • Lunch Clubs
Or if you as a carer wanted to stay away overnight or have a break on your own in your own home:

  • Care with a family break or link scheme carer
  • Holiday type break
  • Residential / Nursing home break
  • Help to organise for the person you care for to stay with another relative or friend
  • Paid care worker to stay in your home while you are away.

Who it is for?

The service is for carers and all carers may receive advice and support. Services may also be provided for the cared for person to enable the carer to take a break and/or to support the carer in the caring role.

Where it is available?

Local service (Cambridge).

What it costs:

Services for the cared for person are charged for.  However no charge will be made until an assessment is made of ability to pay.  Your savings and income as a carer are not taken into account.

How to access or apply for it:

Please call Cambridgeshire Direct Contact Centre:
0345 045 5202

Additional information:

If the carer does not want a carers assessment, services can still be provided to the cared for person to support the carer.


Info last updated:

CC1310, Shire Hall, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB3 0AP