Carelink and Telecare (emergency alarms)

What does it do?

Carelink uses a 24 hour telephone link and state of the art technology to provide a home safety and personal security system that enables people to live independently within their own homes. It also provides assistance if unwell, reassurance, reduces the feeling of isolation and gives families peace of mind.

Before you apply for Carelink you will need:
- Name and address and telephone numbers of local key holders
- Name and address of your doctor
- Any relevant health and medical information


If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and live within Bury Council area, funding assistance may be available. Carelink can assist you with this and you will be asked later if you feel you may qualify.