Home Support Service
What does it do?
This service operates across the borough of Milton Keynes offering shopping and light housework for older people who are unable to manage unaided. Due to high demand, requests for support are prioritised according to individual need. We charge a one-off £15 registration fee at the first assessment visit.
The current charge is £12 per hour. We will do your shopping for you or take you out shopping if you prefer. Most people have one or two hours a week.
- take you food shopping
- take you to the bank
- take you to collect your pension
This service may also include:
- taking you shopping for clothes
- taking you shopping for presents
- taking you to more than two places on one trip
- a trip to the garden centre
The current charge is £12 per hour. We find that most people need an hour a week but we will do more if necessary.
This service may include:
- vacuum cleaning
- cleaning bathrooms and kitchens
- mopping floors
- changing and remaking a bed
- cleaning the insides of windows
All services will be assessed for safety on an individual basis. If your home needs a spring clean this will be assessed on an individual basis and a price agreed, as two members of our team may be needed.
We will do our best to meet your individual needs and to support you in your own home so that you can be as independent as you wish.
The Home Support service may also include:
- taking you to appointments with the doctor or hospital and staying with you during the visit, if you wish
- going for lunch or coffee
- preparing a light meal
- dog walking
- shopping for Christmas or birthdays
- going for short walks
- taking you to meet friends or family
- taking you to a special event
- writing letters and paying bills.