What does it do?
We carry out a range of small household repairs and minor adaptations such as:
- Fitting window and door locks and other security items
- Fitting smoke detectors and carrying out fire safety checks
- Changing light bulbs and replacing small electrical fittings
- Replacing tap washers and carrying out minor plumbing works
- Fitting grabrails and handrails
- Fitting keysafes and intercoms
- Constructing steps and ramps to enable easy access
- Draughtproofing windows and doors
- Fitting phone extensions
- Carrying out minor repairs to gates and fences
Who it is for?
People who have served in the forces for at least 7 days or are dependants of someone who has served: this includes widows and widowers.
Where it is available?
Local service (Milton Keynes).
What it costs:
The Handyperson Service is free to people of all ages who satisfy the criteria of The Royal British Legion. From 1st April 2010 this means you must be receiving a means tested benefit.
How to access or apply for it:
For help or more information about the Handyperson Service please contact us on 01908 557 885.
Info last updated:
The Peartree Centre, 1 Chadds Lane, Peartree Bridge, Milton Keynes, MK6 3EB