Day servicesDay Centres for older people in rural areas of Derbyshire
What does it do?
A flexible day care service where you can come along relax meet new people and make friends in a warm, friendly and safe environment.
- Reduced isolation and improved self-confidence, social skills, communication and motivation
- Improved nutrition and monitoring of older people at risk of malnutrition
- Reduced risk of elder abuse due to monitoring and support for carers
- Increased activity levels leading to improved physical fitness, balance, co-ordination, personal care and physical control
- Intellectual stimulation from activities and new experiences, trips and discussions reducing incidents of depression and improving outlook
Who it is for?
- Bakewell and surrounding villages
- Hulland Ward and area
- Hope Valley
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
If you would like to find out more please contact:
Bakewell Day Services
Telephone: 01629 813 221
Day care sessions: Tuesday – Friday.
Caroline Court Day Service
Telephone: 01433 621 887
Day care sessions: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Hulland Ward Day Service
Hulland Ward Village Hall
Telephone: 01335 372 811 (or contact Bakewell Day Centre)
Day care session: Thursdays.