The Leonardo Trust
What does it do?
Some things the trust may be able to help with include:
- Funds for a short holiday or weekend break for the carer.
- The cost of additional night sitters, to give the carer a good night's rest.
- The cost of replacement care so that the carer may have a regular afternoon or evening free to follow their own interests.
- The trustees will also consider requests for recent ex-carers who are in need of some help as they begin the next chapter of their lives.
- In some circumstances, the cost of a holiday for the carer and the person they care for together.
- The cost of correspondence course, or local evening class fees.
- Membership of a gym or swimming club.
Who it is for?
The Leonardo Trust is an independent charity set up to help people in Dorset who care for a sick or disabled relative or friend, full time, at home.
Where it is available?
Local service (East Dorset, West Dorset, Weymouth & Portland, Bournemouth, Christchurch, North Dorset, Poole, Purbeck).
What it costs:
Although the application isn’t fully means tested, the Charity cannot help those who can afford to pay for their own needs. However the Trustees do understand that many people who have a modest amount of savings are often excluded from statutory help, and are very happy to consider requests from people in this kind of situation. They ask that applicants are open with us and explain their needs and why they need help.
How to access or apply for it:
Call the office or download an application form via the website.
Support for carers / Relief Care / Respite Care, Health & wellbeing services, Home maintenance grants & Loans
Info last updated:
5 Dunyeats Road, Broadstone, Poole, Dorset, BH18 8AA