What does it do?
Keeping You Safe in Your Garden
Do you need some help keeping your garden a safe place for you? Our WHiA Handyperson team may be able to help.
The team can carry out a safety garden tidy free for a maximum of 3 hours to clients once a year. In addition we offer a further two visits for a payment of £20.
To receive this service you must be over 60 or in receipt of: Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Incapacity Benefit.
Tasks which may be undertaken under this scheme:
- Ensuring paths are not slippery;
- Cutting back shrubs to clear pathways;
- Spraying weeds with weed killer if we can;
- Removing leaves.
Garden Maintenance Service
Garden service for older and disabled customers
Many people need help to get their gardens tidy and looking good. For just £6.50 a week, our landscape contractor will visit you once every two weeks from April to October and once every four weeks from November to March, to tidy your garden.
To receive this service, you must be over 60 or have a disability which prevents you from looking after a garden. Also any tenant of Warrington Housing Association can use this service.
For £6.50 a week we will:
- Cut grass and remove cuttings;
- Cut and edge borders;
- Apply weed killer to flower borders;
- We will spray weeds on paths if we can;
- Cut hedges twice each summer;
- Put rubbish in your wheelie bin or remove it;
- Dedicated two person team at each visit.
We will deal with any issues on your behalf with the contractor. Payments should be made by direct debit at £28 per month. Payments are spread out across the year. Cash payments are not accepted for this service.
What would be better than relaxing in the summer in your very own well maintained garden?