What does it do?
If you're aged 60 and over or have a disability and in receipt of a benefit for your disability, we can help you feel safe and independent in your home.
We can help if you’re a home owner, council tenant, renting privately or a housing association tenant.
Types of jobs a handyperson can help with
- Our handypersons can help with small repairs or adaptations. They can:
- move furniture
- hang or take down curtains
- tape down carpets and electrical leads
- change light bulbs
- put up shelves
- re-glaze small windows
- change smoke alarm batteries
- plumb or un-plumb washing machines
- fit internal doors
- fit locks and security chains
- install smoke alarms
- minor decorating
- small gardening jobs
If you need a repair that's not listed above, contact us and we'll let you know if we can help.
What a handyperson can't help with
- gas servicing
- major building work
If you're a council tenant or housing association tenant and the repair you're requesting is part of your tenancy agreement, you should contact your respective repairs team.