What does it do?
- Do you need someone to help you with any problems or issues you have?
- Do you wish to be more involved in decisions that affect you?
- Do you want some help to get your voice heard?
The Advocacy Service is designed to be easily accessible.
Aims of Advocacy Service
To ensure each individual:
- feels less isolated
- has greater independence and control over their life
- has an improved and increased access to services and support
- has support and encouragement to exercise choice
- encouraging individuals to state their own needs
- ensuring that individual’s have all the information they need to make an informed choice or decision
- taking up an issue or complaint on behalf of someone
- speaking on behalf of people who are not able to speak for themselves.
- Adult Services
- esidential Homes
- Heath Services
- Local Government
Our advocates are independent, trustworthy and non-judgmental, and deal with all manner of problems and issues that may arise during your day-to-day living, for example:
- receiving care in your own home
- being moved from one residential home to another
- accessing services from the Local Authority
All information provided to the advocate is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Who it is for?
This service is for anyone over 50 years of age. We welcome enquiries from individuals, families, relatives and friends. We also accept referrals from healthcare agencies, GP surgeries, Adult Services, and residential homes.
Where it is available?
Local service (Sunderland).
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above
Info last updated:
Stockton Road, Sunderland, SR2 7AQ