Carer Support and Assessments

What does it do?

There is help available for people in the city who are vulnerable, elderly or have disabilities, and their carers.

We can give you information about support available in your area and throughout Staffordshire.  

If your needs cannot be met by information and advice, you may be entitled to social care support. This is decided by a social care needs assessment - a discussion to give us a deeper look into your care needs.    

If you qualify, the type of social care support you receive will be agreed by you and your worker. Your support will be reviewed after 12 weeks and then every year afterwards. You can ask for a review at any time if you feel things have changed.

You will have choice and control over how and when it takes place and who you would like supporting you.